6.12.2015

A Beautiful Year

Well, as you can tell by the looks of my blog, life has been busy and I have not kept it up. But, I did want to document this momentous occasion in our life as something to look back on (and who knows maybe I will be inspired to blog again).

Since I last blogged this happened...


Its a girl!!




 Our family of three!


Carsyn Olivia Mayfield

June 12, 2014 changed our lives forever! This baby has brought so much joy to us and I cannot believe that a year has passed since she burst into room 308 at St. Vincent's Hospital. It has been an eventful year of Michael and I learning the parenting ropes but what a wonderful year it has been. 



Carsyn has been a very easy baby. She is always happy unless she is hungry, tired or sleepy (like most people). She loves her food and she is has been a GREAT sleeper since she was 3 months old. She has her daddy wrapped around her finger and he is her favorite person. She has brought so much joy into not only our house but the homes of grandparents, aunts and uncles as well.


We do not have a good story of how we came up with her name - its the only name we agreed on - thats the story. Her middle name comes from Michael's grandmother and we are so thankful that at 90 she is still around to share in the joy of her great granddaughter. I looked up what her name means - Carsyn - wise, Intuitive, Imaginative - while we do not know if she will be any of these - we pray for her that she will grow in wisdom and spiritual understanding. Michael and I chose Colossians 1:9-11 as her verse. Olivia has fit her well in her first year - Adventurous, Adaptable, Easygoing.


I had so many tell me how fast the years will go and wow - they were not lying. It seems just like yesterday we were admitted to the hospital to have her. I keep asking myself - where has the time gone? The days were sometimes long but the year has been short. Michael and I were talking last week and he said, "we do not have a baby anymore." And he is right - she is growing into an adventurous toddler. Before we know it those babbles will turn into real words and she will be running around the house. 


One whole year of getting to know her - seeing her milestones. Seeing her love for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, her cousins, birds and playing with her toys. One year of kissing those chubby cheeks, playing peekaboo and singing many songs. One year of watching her hair grow from that bald little head to almost a ponytail. What a precious joy she has been to us. We are so thankful to the Lord for entrusting His child to us. I pray we honor Him well with the way we parent her. 

Happy birthday sweet one, we love you so very much!!



No comments:

Post a Comment